Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 5
Selectmen to meet and hold joint meeting with two other boards; Update from Rail Trail Alliance
SONG OF THE DAY: John Legend and the Roots – "Wake Up Everybody"
1. TODAY'S FORECAST: We saw a lot of that snow melt over the weekend, but it's going to be far too chilly for that today, with a high of 32 and partly cloudy skies. That will turn into a very cold overnight low of 8 degrees. So much for heading toward spring!
2. THREE BOARDS TO CONVENE TONIGHT: A joint meeting between the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment and Board of Selectmen will take place at tonight's normally scheduled 7 p.m. Selectmen meeting. The rest of the agenda can be found here.
3. THOSE RAIL TRAIL GATES ARE CLOSED FOR A REASON: "Even with the recent snowfall, the gates are closed which signifies that the trail is closed to snowmobiles. Please check the Derry Pathfinders and NH Parks and Recreation site for trail information.
As well, the Derry Pathfinders recommend parking for snowmobiles at their lot on Route 28 in Derry on Ryans Hill, about 1 mile from the Windham Depot. The Windham Depot Parking lot is closed to all users 1/2 hour after sunset year round." -WRTA Website
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day, Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union since 1924, dies in Moscow.
5. HAVE YOU REGISTERED FOR THE 'BUILD A TRACK' 10K/One Miler?: On Friday, we featured a story about Windham cross country coach Kate Jackson, who is working to organize the "Build a Track" 10K and One Miler road race event on April 14.
Those looking to participate can register online for the race by clicking here.