1. TODAY'S FORECAST: Another magnificent day in Windham is expected with a high of 64 and partly cloudy skies. Expect an overnight low of 53 and cloudy skies. Didn't it snow last week?
2. NO SELECTMEN: The board will not meet this week as all town offices are closed today and meetings are cancelled.
3. NO SCHOOL: Windham students will have the day off today in observance of Sunday's Veterans Day holiday.
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: Andrew Ellicott Douglass, an early American astronomer born in Vermont, witnesses the Leonids meteor shower from a ship off the Florida Keys. Douglass, who later became an assistant to the famous astronomer Percival Lowell, wrote in his journal that the "whole heaven appeared as if illuminated with sky rockets, flying in an infinity of directions, and I was in constant expectation of some of them falling on the vessel. They continued until put out by the light of the sun after day break." Douglass' journal entry is the first known record of a meteor shower in North America.
5. BENGHAZI HEARING THIS WEEK: The House Intelligence Committee will hold a hearing on the Benghazi attack on Nov. 15. The hearing will take place behind closed doors. The Senate Intelligence Committee will also meet that day.